Friday, February 27, 2015

More Scholarship Money Available at This Women’s College

I’m always on the lookout when women’s colleges offer new scholarships. College affordability is on the minds of many and I take great delight knowing that these single-sex colleges go the extra mile. They did for me, back in 1982 when I graduated from college, and continue to do so today. I even wrote about this connection in a HuffPost blog post: How to Afford a Quality College Education for Your Daughter.

The other day, I learned about a generous new scholarship that also encourages students to pay it forward.

Cedar Crest College in Allentown, PA now has a new scholarship, benefiting from the generous donation from The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation; giving $500,000 to establish a permanent scholarship at Cedar Crest College.

“ . . . As a condition of financial aid, recipients must sign "a letter of intent” to give back "monies at least equal to the amounts which I have received there from for my education," the college said.


The letter is not a legally binding document, but rather a "debt of conscience" to make the recipient aware of the need to help the college out in the future, the college said. . . .”


Continue reading “New Cedar Crest scholarship to encourage students to pay it forward” here.


I love hearing stories from young women who did not think they could afford to go to college only to receive the financial aid they needed to do so (when they applied to a women's college) . . . yet another wonderful reason to check out women's colleges!

Women's Colleges Rock! As Me How!™

No comments:

Post a Comment