“In the same way it was a deliberate decision for me to go to an all-women’s college, it was a deliberate desire for me to be in an all-women’s band.” - Ally Einbinder of Potty Mouth.
Ally graduated from Smith College in 2010. Smith College is a women's college located in Northampton, MA. Below is additional information about Smith College. Please note that the following information is from the Smith College Web site.
Here's what Smith's academics are all about:
"Experience a living tradition of intellectual rigor and scope. Take a risk on an untested concept. Develop the acuity to frame an argument, and the eloquence to persuade others of its merit. Take an art class even though your major is engineering. Work with a faculty of scholars who respect their students enough to expect the highest standards of academic achievement."
"Since its founding in 1871, Smith College has provided women of high ability and promise an education of uncompromising quality. A world-class faculty of scholars are fully engaged with their students' intellectual development, and an open curriculum encourages each student to explore many fields of knowledge. Mentors for scholarship, leadership and service, across all spectrums of endeavor, allow Smith students to observe different models of achievement, then set their own course with conviction."
An Education as Unique as You Are
• You’ll be free to pursue your intellectual passions and be supported on your own terms.
• Your learning experience will include faculty advisers and mentors and independent study opportunities, small class sizes and an open curriculum of exceptional breadth and depth.
• Your friends and classmates will be diverse individuals, and each woman’s unique experiences contribute toward creating a vibrant community.
• You’ll live and study with women from around the world.
• You’ll have the opportunity for far-reaching experiences off campus.
• You’ll build the skills to lead a truly international life.
• You’ll gain a network of connections—cultural, intellectual, personal and professional.
• You’ll be grounded in the fundamentals of leadership skills.
• You’ll be empowered to take on the challenges of the 21st century and to become an agent of change in your community.