Friday, April 4, 2014

10 Reasons I Love Lady College

Maya posted a blog post that identifies 10 reasons she loves attending a women’s college. Here’s her first reason:

"Gender doesn’t decide who talks in class. In high school, I used to feel like either teachers would only call on boys, or that girls just weren’t supposed to speak as much as boys. No matter how confident I felt about the material, there would always be that guy sitting next to me shouting out the answer like that was his sole purpose in life, which would just make me feel like I shouldn’t bother saying anything at all. In a women’s college this never happens. Women own the whole space, and so when people talk in class, there’s no chance that their gender will be used to keep them from taking part."

If you would like to learn the other 9 reasons, continue reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment