Friday, March 29, 2013

Why Women Should Consider a Women’s College

This blog post, "Why Women Should Consider a Women’s College," is written by a College Admissions Consultant, Todd Johnson. I enjoyed his blog post as well as the comment posted on March 20, 2013 -- “So true - my daughter didn’t apply to any women’s colleges (or a small college) as I urged her to. After one semester elsewhere she transferred to Smith and loved it there.

Blog post highlights:

Let me tell you a quick story about my oldest daughter who I encouraged to at least consider several all women’s colleges. She flatly refused despite my best efforts.  Several years later our family was visiting Smith College with my younger daughter. After the tour my oldest daughter, at that point a junior at a co-ed college, admitted that if she had visited the campus before she applied to college she may very well have applied to Smith.

Give the all women’s colleges a chance.  You never know when you might just find out that your perceptions need to be changed.


To read Todd’s entire post, click here.

Smith College is a women’s college located in Northampton, Massachusetts. Click here to learn more about Smith College.

Todd Johnson provides college admissions counseling for College Admissions Partners. To learn more about Todd, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment