Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Women’s Colleges Cultivate Leadership

Three UM-related women’s colleges cultivate leadership, by Nicole Burdakin

"Though greatly outnumbered by coeducational institutions in the U.S., women’s colleges produce a higher percentage of female graduates who go on to become political and business leaders.

“I chose to attend a women's college because of the leadership opportunities that it would provide. I knew it would be empowering to be surrounded by so many successful female students and leaders,” said Sarah Williams, a senior studying Elementary Education at Columbia College.


Williams found many opportunities to lead and to plan events at Columbia, including service projects both on campus and in the community alongside peer student groups and community groups. “My experience at a women's college showed me that I truly am a leader.” "


Continue reading . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment