Thursday, October 17, 2013

Confessions of a Women’s College Graduate

I love sharing success stories about graduates of women’s colleges. Here’s one I know you also will enjoy: “Sweet Briar is my ‘happy place’ ” and appears on the college Web site.

After 13-years of graduating from a women’s college, Christine Bump is a lawyer practicing food and drug law in Washington, D.C. and this is her story:

“When my family and I began looking into all-women’s colleges, my mom fell in love with Sweet Briar from the brochures we received. Coming from California (and with all of the insight of a teenager — ha!), I was adamantly against attending college below the Mason-Dixon line. I only applied to Sweet Briar to appease my mom. However, when I arrived on Sweet Briar’s campus for the first time as a prospective student, my outlook completely changed. The gates, the winding road onto campus and the beautiful landscape made me feel at home before we even reached the checkpoint. Attending classes, touring the campus and staying in the dorms during that visit made me 100-percent confident that Sweet Briar was the perfect place for me. And, second only to marrying my husband, it is the best decision I ever made!”

You also can read entire blog post.

Sweet Briar College is located in Sweet Briar, VA and has a campus of 3,250 acres. Learn about the academics as well as student life or athletics. Horse women can learn more about Riding at Sweet Briar.

The reasons for attending a women’s college are varied and well documented -- most notably, graduates of women's colleges achieve higher rates of success than their female counterparts at coed institutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment