Thursday, February 20, 2014

2013 Graphic Design Alumna Publishes Her Own Magazine

I love sharing alumnae stories from women’s colleges

This story is about an alumna, Stephanie Price ’13, from Moore College of Art & Design as told via a post from the college’s Web site:

“As a child, Stephanie Price ’13 always wanted to start her own magazine.

She finally got her chance after graduating from Moore with a BFA in Graphic Design.

“I had modeled in the past and was published in a few magazines that were privately owned by people like me,” she said. “I was like – I have skills as a designer, why can’t I do a magazine on my own?”

Today, Price is a freelance designer and also the sole founder, designer and creative director of NUMiNOUS magazine, a bi-monthly publication created by artists for artists and art enthusiasts. The magazine displays artwork from artists around the globe of every medium, from fashion design to photography to illustration.”


Continue reading here.

Here’s what Stephanie Price says about her Alma mater:

“I feel like Moore is definitely always there to help you,” she said. “Someone was always there to support me. Moore does a good job of helping out their students and there are lots of opportunities to take advantage of.”

Moore College of Art & Design is the first and only visual arts college for women in the United States and is located in Philadelphia, PA. Learn more about the college here.

No comments:

Post a Comment