Monday, September 1, 2014

A Shout Out To Sisterhood: Perks Of Attending A Women’s College

A Shout Out To Sisterhood: Perks Of Attending A Women’s College, by Tiffany Chaney Staff Writer at Luna Luna.

Highlights:

"I was hesitant at first to apply to an all women’s college; I attended Salem College in Winston-Salem, N.C., the oldest women’s college in the U.S., one of the less than 50 remaining women’s colleges in the country, with a rich history going back to 1772; still going strong. After I visited the campus, I was theirs, if they would have me, and turns out I was accepted. You know what, I wouldn’t change a thing about my decision to go to an all women’s college. . . . My decision to attend an all women’s college was more organic than statistics. I was one of those lower income students, from a single-parent home; so attending a private institution had me worried. The positive experience I had upon the visit to the campus radiated throughout my four years at the institution. Attending a women’s college was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I’ll tell you why."


Continue reading here.


To learn more about this women's college, visit Salem College's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment