Thursday, September 4, 2014

Understanding How Attending a Women’s College is a Truly Unique Experience

I always love reading blog posts from students at women’s colleges! Here's one from a first-year student at Wellesley College, Kay Ma.

Blog Post Highlights:

“Now that I’ve finally moved into college and the first three days of orientation are over, I have some time to reflect on this transition. I’m only beginning to fully understand how attending a women’s college is a truly unique experience. While our friends at larger, co-ed schools across the nation tell us about the frat parties they’ve attended, the crazy stuff happening in their dorms, and the generally daunting social atmosphere, we’re becoming good friends with the people in our residence halls, chatting strangers up about their goals and dreams, becoming awestruck by our approachable and passionate faculty, having important discussions on self-care, sexual violence, mental health, diversity, gender and sexuality, and community, and celebrating sisterhood. For the first time in too long, I feel like I’m exactly where I’m meant to be. I couldn’t be happier, or more grateful for this opportunity.  . . . 


My biggest piece of advice for high school girls currently navigating through the college application process is really a no-brainer considering I just finished raving about Wellesley, but here it is: open yourself up to the possibility of attending a women’s college. At the very least, make a genuine attempt to research and understand the opportunities they provide before making a decision. Let yourself explore an option that is less taken advantage of.”

Continue reading here.

Wellesley College is located in Wellesley, MA. To learn more about this women’s college, visit the Wellesley College Web site or watch the video "(For Applicants) FAQ: Wellesley College" created by a student below.




Or view this video; "Reaction to getting accepted into Wellesley College!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment